The Headmaster runs the ‘Headmaster’s Club’ in the Autumn and Spring terms for year 7 & 8 boys.
The Club provides lectures, discussion and workshop theatres on a varying range of subjects and is intended to be thought-provoking for the boys.
Recent Headmaster’s Clubs have included the following lectures:
- The Holocaust, presented by Eva Schloss, Anne Frank’s step-sister;
- The Work of The Datum Foundation (helping disadvantaged children in Africa and Asia);
- Nursing in War Zones;
- The Work of The British Antarctic Survey;
- Insights into Blindness;
- Camels of the Gobi Desert;
- Bicycling Around the Earth;
- AMREF (AMREF is Africa's leading health development organisation, saving and transforming people's lives in the continent's poorest and most marginalised communities);
- The Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe;
- The ‘Flying Doctors’ of Eastern Africa;
- Self Defence;
- Narconon, Drug Awareness;
- Royal Shakespeare Company workshops;
- James Campbell (Storyteller/Writer);
- A History of the Ashes.